Home Defense Shotgun 2
Course Price: $185.00
Course Times: 8am to 6pm
Course Designer: RPD, LLC Certified Staff Instructors
Home Defense Shotgun 2 will teach you how to run your shotgun in various positions, situations, and under some skill based drills that will push you to your limits while keeping you focused on the objective - to win!
Bear in mind that we do not teach "range or administrative type skills". We teach you life saving, defensive skills that will work in the real world, not just make you look and feel superior on the range. This shift in training is important. There is a lot of guns and gear out there that may look and work great on the range but SUCK (yes, that is a technical term) out in the real world. Bad gear will get you hurt - or worse.
For those that carry handguns for defense, we will also incorporate 'transitioning' skills to give you more options during an incident!
- Advanced skills for shotgun shooting
- Drills and skill runs
- Tactics for loading and transitioning different loads
- Transitioning to your handgun (if applicable)
- and more!
|| Required Equipment:|
- A working and reliable pump or semi auto shotgun with a sling
- A working and reliable handgun in a defensive caliber (9mm or 38)
- 250 rounds of handgun ammunition
- 350 rounds of Birdshot (minimum)
- 15 rounds of 00 Buckshot (minimum)
- 15 rounds of 'slug' (minimum)
- A 'dump pouch' or somewhere to keep loose ammo
- A quality waist mounted holster for your handgun
- At least three magazines for your handgun - with a retention device/holder
- Lube for your gun
- Appropriate tools for your shotgun. (things tend to loosen up a lot!)
- Eye and ear protection
- A hat with a brim
- Comfortable range appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Plenty of water or other form of hydration (12oz for every hour is suggested)
- A lunch and snacks
|| Prerequisites: |
Home Defense Shotgun 1 or the equivalent. (Call for questions) This class will be moderately demanding physically. If you have a question about your fitness level, please check with us before registering.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.