Concealed Carry 1 (CCW-1) for Ladies Only
Course Price: $145.00
Course Times: 8 hours
Course Designer: RPD, LLC Staff and Instructors
Dave Jenkins and the instructors of Rochester Personal Defense, LLC have developed the Ladies Only Concealed Carry 1 to introduce you to the idea of carrying your handgun for self defense and want to start you with the skills necessary.
In this "less testosterone-enhanced" class, you will get to practice all of the skills with an unloaded handgun until you are comfortable, then you will get to go live on the range.
Even if you have done other training or if you shoot a lot, you may want to consider this class to shake the rust off or refine your skills more. You can never practice or train enough.
Note: As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with. For more information, please visit the following page: http://www.safeinrochester.com/serpa.php or email us.
- Firearm safety
- Legalities and justification in self defense (Article 35)
- De-escalation and disengagement from an encounter
- Verbal commands
- Drawing the handgun effectively and safely
- Trigger control and manipulation
- Malfunctions and stoppage clearing
- Tactical vs combat reloading
- Movement and shooting while moving
|| Required Equipment:|
- Eye and ear protection
- A working, reliable, defensive-oriented firearm
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- 3 magazines or speedloaders with holders
- A quality, strong-side, belt-mounted type holster ( NO shoulder holsters )
- Comfortable footwear; and clothing.
- A high-necked shirt or turtleneck (brass hides in some funny places, ladies!)
|| Prerequisites: |
- A valid NY State Pistol Permit, and the NRA Basic Pistol class or the equivalent training or shooting experience (call for questions or details).
- You MUST be comfortable with your firearm. Do not bring one that you have not practiced with.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.