Low Light Handgun Skills
Course Price: $125.00
Course Designer: Dave Jenkins
Almost three quarters of defensive shootings occur in diminished, low, or almost no light at all. Why not learn what skills and techniques you need to prevail when the lights go out? When people hear the term “Low Light shooting” What they most often think of is shooting in the dark, and most people don’t have the ability to train in low light or reduced light or dark conditions.
Even if it is not dark outside could you be in an area of low or reduced light? SOME EXAMPLES: parking garage, stairwell, hallway, alleyway, closets, tunnels, etc. Perpetrators of street crimes are more active after sundown. So if you do carry a flashlight do you know how to use it?
Note: As of 4/4/2012, ANY holster that utilizes the index or trigger finger of the shooting hand to disengage a locking device to release the handgun is now disallowed from ANY Rochester Personal Defense, LLC class, training, event, or any function that we host or have involvement with. I am also implementing the same on Tuesday Night’s CCW Shoot. For more information, please visit the following page: http://www.safeinrochester.com/serpa.php or email us.
In this course, we will cover:
- Firearms safety in self-defense and low light situations
- Handgun/flashlight techniques such as Harries, Chapman, Laser, FBI, etc.
- Handgun manipulation with a flashlight - i.e. speed reloading, tactical reloading, clearing malfunctions
- Using cover and concealment with a flashlight
- Movement and tactical clearing with a flashlight
- Flashlight types and modifications, lasers, night sights, and accessories
|| Required Equipment:|
- Eye and ear protection
- A working and reliable firearm
- A flashlight (preferably a tactical type)
- 150 rounds of ammunition (minimum)
- 3 magazines or speedloaders with holders
- A quality strong side type holster
- Comfortable clothing (comfortable shoes and range appropriate clothing).
|| Prerequisites: |
You must be familiar and safe with your handgun before attending this course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.