Secure online registration
Home Defense Shotgun 1
Course Price: $165.00
Course Times: 8am to 6pm
Course Designer: RPD, LLC Staff Instructors
A shotgun for home defense can be an awesome tool. Knowing how to use it effectively is even better! The shotgun is one of the best 'multiple/variable projectile' systems there are.
Home defense and self defense with a firearm is a decision that should be made with a clear head and the desire to become as proficient as possible. Using a tool such as a shotgun requires proper training in order to be efficient and safe. We will teach you all of that and more!
As always, safety is the primary focus, but we will teach you easy to learn and replicate skills and techniques to be able to handle the shotgun under the stress of a Critical Incident.
Bear in mind that we do not teach "range or administrative type skills".
We teach you life saving, defensive skills that will work in the real
world, not just make you look and feel superior on the range. This shift
in training is important. There is a lot of guns and gear out there
that may look and work great on the range but SUCK (yes, that is a
technical term) out in the real world. Bad gear will get you hurt - or
NOTE: Please review the Required Equipment list below. If you do not have something on the list, contact us before the class. Arriving without the complete list of specified gear will mean that you will not be able to fully participate in the training.
In the Defensive Shotgun Tactics class, you will learn:
- Laws and legalities of using a shotgun for defense in your home
- The differing actions and types of shotguns
- How to operate a shotgun under stress
- Equipment selection and accessories
- How different types of ammunition work in the shotgun
- How differing types of ammunition affect your target
- The difference between administrative skills and combat shooting skills
- Malfunction and stoppage clearing
- Safe and ready access to your shotgun for defense
- Swapping of ammunition types during loading and reloading
- Defensive accuracy and shooting
- Proper defensive shotgun stances
- Skills for shooting multiple targets
- Shooting from cover or concealment
|| Required Equipment:|
In order to participate fully in this class, you MUST have the following:
- A working and reliable pump or semi auto shotgun with a sling
- 250 rounds of Birdshot (minimum)
- 15 rounds of 00 Buckshot (minimum)
- 15 rounds of 'slug' (minimum)
- A 'dump pouch' or somewhere to keep loose ammo
- Eye and ear protection
- A hat with a brim
- Comfortable range appropriate clothing and footwear.
- A cleaning and lube kit
|| Prerequisites: |
You must have a working knowledge of firearm safety and how your shotgun operates. This is not a basic level class. If you have never fired a shotgun or are unfamiliar with one, we suggest the NRA Basic Shotgun
class OR our Intro To Shotgun
course prior to attending this class.
We will not be teaching you the basics on how to shoot your shotgun, we will be teaching you how to USE it!
Frequently Asked Questions