Florida Non-Resident Pistol Permit Class
Course Price: $80-95.00 (see course description)
In addition to the highly successful Utah Non-Resident Permit program, we are also offering the Florida Non-Resident Permit certification class. In this training class, we will do a FLORIDA-oriented law section, along with safety, mindset, and use of force. During the lecture, we will do your photograph and notary.
It is fairly easy to get the Florida Permit, BUT they require proof of training and competency with a handgun. This means you have to have a certificate from an NRA Basic Pistol class, or a letter or certificate issued by a certified instructor stating that you have completed a session that includes live-fire and competency with a handgun. There are many other options that Florida will accept, but if you want to be sure, contact us by phone or email.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POSSESS THE PROOF OF TRAINING BEFORE THE DATE OF THE CLASS. YOU MUST OBTAIN THAT PROOF BEFORE YOU SEND IN YOUR APPLICATION AND FEES.
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING DOCUMENTATION
1. A photocopy of a certificate of completion of any of the courses or classes listed below. Do not send your original certificate
because it cannot be returned.
2. A copy of any document which shows completion of the course or class or evidences participation in firearms competition;
3. An affidavit from the instructor, school, club, organization, or group that conducted or taught the course or class attesting to the completion of the course or class by the applicant below. Be sure to submit the original (notarized) affidavit but make a copy for your records because it cannot be returned.
• Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency of another state;
• Completion of any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
• Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
• Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
• Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service (persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their Military ID Card; discharged persons may submit a copy of the DD-214);
• Is licensed or has been licensed to carry a firearm in this state or a county or municipality of this state, unless such license has been revoked for cause;
• Completion of any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified or National Rifle Association-certified firearms instructor.
If, for any reason, you do not possess any of the above listed documents, please contact us for details on arranging a live-fire session.
If you have already attended one of our handgun training classes, (Basic Pistol, DPS101, 201, 301, etc.) then all you need to do is submit a copy of the certificate from the class.
The Florida permit is renewable after seven (7) years.
The Florida Non-Resident permit is honored in the following states: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming Current as of 5/13/2013 (http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Florida is now processing applications using a Personal "T" Number. Each application's number is different and will be used for tracking when your application is submitted. Because the tracking number is unique for each individual application, it is very important that you do not make copies of your application and provide them to others for their use. If another person submits a copy of “your” application to our Division, the tracking number can no longer be used to check the status of your application.
You MUST download an application booklet from the following link:
http://licensing.freshfromflorida.com/forms/FormsRequest790.aspx (Click on "CW Download)
Print either the whole booklet or just the application on the last 2 pages, fill it out but DO NOT SIGN IT unless you are in front of a notary, and bring it to the class.
NOTE: We will be providing your fingerprints, photgraphs, and a notary during the class.
If after reading the requirements for the permit application, you still have questions, please contact us.
Frequently Asked Questions
For Email Marketing you can trust
|First Aid and Emergency Preparedness||Gift Certificates||Handgun Training||Insights Training Center Courses|
|Krav Maga Training||Ladies Only Courses||Law Enforcement Training||NRA Certified Instructor Development Workshops|
|NRA Training by Rochester Personal Defense||Personal Defense Classes||Pistol Permit Classes||Private Lessons|
|Rifle and Shotgun Training||RPD, LLC Gear N Stuff||Security Assessment Services||Self Defense Training for Colleges, Groups, and Corporations|
|Special Events||Specialized / Stand-Alone Training|| InSights
©2009 Rochester Personal Defense - All Rights Reserved
For comments or suggestions about our website, or website design inquiries, contact the Webmaster.