SAFTD Defensive Handgun II
Course Price: $
Course Times: 8hrs
Course Designer: SAFTD Master Instructors
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's
Defensive Handgun 2 Course is to provide the student with an opportunity
to build upon the foundational skill-set and knowledge base that was
acquired in Defensive Handgun 1. This will include a continued focus on
the defensive mindset, and the development of marksmanship and gun
handling skills needed to safely and effectively carry a concealed
handgun for personal self defense.
Students will become adept at working with the handgun from the
holster, including drawing safely, efficiently, and quickly, and safely
re-holstering. You will learn to shoot quickly but accurately, fire
multiple shots with full control and will learn to reload the pistol
quickly and efficiently using both speed reloads and emergency reloads.
Students will learn to shoot effectively with one hand, using the
dominant hand and/or the non-dominant hand. We will work on mental
conditioning to prepare the student to effectively deal with a sudden
threat to their life or the life of another.
Defensive Handgun 2 is designed to help the student quickly develop
essential skills that can help him/her prevail in a real lethal force
Defensive Handgun 2 consists of a full day of intense classroom &
range training and instruction covering a variety of topics including,
but not limited to:
- Gun safety rules and trigger finger & muzzle discipline
- The importance of the defensive mindset
- Review of defensive shooting fundamentals
- Dry fire & live fire exercises
- Presentation from a holster
- Emergency and speed reloads
- Fighting stance platform
- Delivering multiple shots efficiently and on target
- Trigger reset
- The IALEFI-QP silhouette target
- Introduction to one-hand only presentation and shooting
|| Required Equipment:|
- A modern, serviceable, center-fire handgun (Semi-automatic pistol or double action revolver .38 special or 9mm or above.)
- Ear and eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- Strong side holster - (No cross draws, shoulder rigs,
pocket holsters, ankle, appendix or small of the back carry). Blackhawk
Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to
deactivate a retention device will not be used in SAFTD classes. The
ONLY exception is for Law Enforcement & Military who are issued
these types of holsters for duty use.
- No pocket guns such as Ruger LCP etc. You will be presenting the gun
from concealment and re-holstering repeatedly. You need to be
proficient at this task and have a holster that does not collapse when
the gun is removed.
- 175 rounds of ammunition: Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS, specialty or novelty ammo such as RIP ammo etc.
- Two extra functional magazines (semi-autos - 3 total) or speed-loaders (revolvers)
- Dual magazine carrier optional but HIGHLY recommended.
- Hydration system or bottled water.
- Shoes � comfortable with sufficient support to permit a full range of motion. No sandals or flip-flops.
- Long pants, shirt with higher collar
- Sturdy belt
- Baseball cap
|| Prerequisites: |
- SAFTD Defensive Handgun I or equivalent training
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.