Course Price: $85.00
Course Times: 8hrs
Course Designer: David S Jenkins, SAFTD Master Instructor
The goal of the Second Amendment Foundation Training Division's F.A.S.T Handgun course is to provide the student with a solid foundation in basic knowledge of handgun Fundamentals And Safety Training on your specific handgun, a basic understanding of ammunition and how it functions as well as shooting fundamentals.
A person new to the use of a firearm for personal defense typically
has a broad range of questions and is faced with learning a number of
skills that are critical in the safe use of a firearm - in this case a
handgun. F.A.S.T Handgun is specifically designed to provide a person
new to handguns the opportunity to gain that knowledge and learn the
basics of operation, cleaning and maintenance, safety and much more in a
convenient 4 hour course. F.A.S.T Handgun is also meant as an introductory course for students new to handguns prior to taking The SAFTD's Defensive Handgun 1.
A number of topics will be covered in F.A.S.T Handgun. These include but are not limited to:
- Safe handling of your firearm.
- Gun Safety Rules
- Safe Storage of your firearm and ammunition.
- Basic components of a your Handgun
- Operation of your Handgun
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Clearing Common Stoppages
- Selecting a Handgun and Ammunition
- Cleaning and Maintain your Handgun
|| Required Equipment:|
- A handgun in good working order
- Ear and eye protection (electronic muffs preferred).
- 50 rounds of Ammunition (minimum): Factory fresh ammo only. NO RELOADS or specialty ammo.
- Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing
- Water, snack, and a lunch.
- Shoes, no sandals or flip-flops.
- Long pants, shirt with higher collar
- Baseball cap
|| Prerequisites: |
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.