First Aid for the Range Officer/Range Safety Officer/Instructor
Course Price: $125.00
Course Times: 9hrs
Course Designer: David S Jenkins, Primary Instructor
As a Range Officer, Range Safety Officer, or Instructor it is your responsibility to make sure that your attendees are protected from any hazards while in your class or participating in an event that you are running or involved with.
The morning will be the First Aid/CPR/AED class where you will learn about the differing injuries that that are possible on a range or in a training event. These could range from a cut, a sprain, a broken bone, heat or cold conditions, injuries from ricochets or debris, and even a gunshot wound. Then, in the afternoon, we will move into the RSO/Instructor specific material and skills training.
NOTE: If you already have Basic 1st Aid Training, contact me before registering. You may only have to attend the afternoon session at a discounted rate. (Proof of training will be required).
Knowing how to handle yourself in an emergency is important. A calm presence, resulting from the knowledge that you will gain, will help in a stressful situation.
Through live instruction and skill stations, you will become comfortable in applying First Aid treatment to a variety of injuries or conditions.
**All of our first aid courses are ECSI (Emergency Care and Safety Institute) certified and are nationally recognized**
A short review on the following:
- First Aid kit contents and suggestions
- Recognizing and emergency and the initial actions needed
- Assessing the nature of the injury
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Bleeding and other wounds
- Treating for shock
- Burns, Head, and spinal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Bone, joint, and muscle injuries
- Bites and stings
- Heat and cold emergencies
- Rescuing and moving victims safely
- Firearms and general range safety rules refresher.
- Securing firearms and gear.
- Direction of bystanders to minimize panic and further hazards.
- RO/RSO/Instructor team responsibilities and coordination.
- Coordinating with the range/facility for first aid equipment, emergency procedures, and contact information.
- Contacting EMS - How, when, etc.
- Assessment, initial treatment, and stabilization of a victim
- Hemorrhage (bleeding) control and dressings.
- Transport assessment.
|| Required Equipment:|
|| Prerequisites: |
Frequently Asked Questions
Upcoming Class Dates:
Sorry there are no classes currently scheduled. Get put on a notification list
and be notified when this class is offered.